Restore the Function and Appearance of Your Damaged Teeth with Natural-looking Porcelain CrownsPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Why a dental crown may be necessaryPorcelain crowns are beautiful and affordable restorations that can protect, replace, and cosmetically improve teeth. A dental crown has numerous cosmetic and functional uses.
- Strengthening a weakened tooth
- Topping off a dental implant
- Rebuilding decayed or damaged teeth
- Anchoring a traditional bridge
- Protecting a tooth after a root canal
- Restoring a tooth with a large, old filling
- Esthetically improving a severely discolored, misshapen, or rotated tooth
The process of dental crown placementRestoring your smile with a dental crown requires at least two to three dental appointments. The treatment begins with a dental examination to determine whether a dental crown is the appropriate treatment for the tooth. We'll take X-rays to assess the extent of damage and ensure that the tooth's root and surrounding tissues are healthy.
- Numbing the tooth: Before any work begins, we'll administer a local anesthetic to numb the tooth and the surrounding area. This ensures that you won't feel any pain during the procedure
- Tooth reshaping: We prepare the tooth for the crown by removing the decayed or damaged portions of the tooth. We then reshape your tooth to make room for the crown. If the tooth is severely damaged, we might need to build it up with filling material to provide a secure foundation for the crown
- Impressions: Once we prepare your tooth, we take impressions of the tooth and the surrounding structures. Our partner lab will use these impressions to craft your custom crown
- Temporary crown: Before the permanent crown is ready, we'll place a temporary crown over the reshaped tooth. This temporary crown protects the prepped tooth and maintains its appearance and function until you receive the permanent crown
- Permanent crown placement: Once the permanent crown is ready, you'll return to our office for placement. We'll remove the temporary crown and check the fit, color, and bite of the new crown before using dental cement to bond it in place
Schedule Your Visit
Will dental insurance cover crown replacement?Most dental insurance plans cover part of the crown cost, especially when used for restorative purposes. However, always consult your insurance before treatment to understand what's covered.
We work with most major insurance providers, but if you don't have insurance, we offer flexible, interest-free payment plans to make treatments affordable.
Affordable dental crowns near mePlease call (559) 530-8080 to schedule an appointment with Hanford Family Dental Center. Dr. Nikunj Raiyani and the team offer affordable yet quality dental crowns to save compromised smiles.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Restore the Function and Appearance of Your Damaged Teeth with Natural-looking Porcelain Crowns
- Learn about the dental crown procedure for repairing teeth with Hanford, CA area dentist
- Restore your smile by replacing missing teeth with high quality dental bridges near Avenal, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges
Back to Crowns & Bridges Page