Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
Most patients know that decay or cavities are usually addressed with a dental filling. However, a tooth that has a lot of damage cannot be addressed with only a filling. Instead it will need to have a crown placed. Crowns are also used following a root canal, when the tooth is cracked, when a cusp is broken, or when the tooth has a poor appearance. Crowns are also placed on top of dental implants that are used to replace missing teeth or to provide stability to teeth that are loose.
If your dentist tells you that you need a crown, you’ll probably wonder about the procedure. The entire process typically takes two visits to the dentist’s office, and, with the use of local anesthesia, is pain free. During the initial visit the tooth will be prepared for the crown. This means that if the tooth has been fractured or broken, it will need to be built back up using filling material. Then the tooth will be shaped to create room for the crown and an impression will be taken.
The crown will be created at a laboratory using the impressions and following the dentist’s specifications for the exact shade. While the permanent crown is being created, the patient will use a temporary crown to provide protection for the prepared tooth. Once the crown is ready, the patient will return to have the final crown placed. With proper care, the crown should last 10 to 20 years.
At Hanford Family Dental Center, we care about the health of your mouth. Our entire team is committed to providing you, and your family, with gentle, friendly, and expert care. Our office uses state-of-the-art technology combined with proven practices to ensure that you get the care you deserve. Call today to learn more about our practice or to schedule an appointment.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Learn about the dental crown procedure for repairing teeth with Hanford, CA area dentist
- Restore your smile by replacing missing teeth with high quality dental bridges near Avenal, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges
Back to Crowns & Bridges Home Page