Restore your smile by replacing missing teeth with high quality dental bridges near Avenal, CAPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Overview of dental bridgesDental bridges are one of multiple options for tooth restoration. They are common and have been used for a long time in dentistry to bridge the gap between teeth. Bridges can be made from a variety of materials, such as porcelain, zirconia, or silver amalgam. Due to advances in technology, bridges today can provide a natural-looking finish that makes them almost impossible to distinguish from your natural teeth.
Other types of treatments for missing teeth include partial dentures and dental implants. Your dentist can advise you on the type of treatment that would work best to optimize your oral health and return your natural smile.
The process of fitting a dental bridge usually requires at least two dentist visits. First, the dentist will create a mold of your teeth in the location that the tooth is missing. Then, a dental lab creates the dental bridge with crowns on each side of the replacement tooth. The crowns are cemented over the teeth adjacent to the gap, securing the bridge in place. Another option is to affix the bridge to dental implants. An implant is a post that is surgically embedded into your jawbone, which then secures the bridge.
Dental bridge benefitsWith a dental bridge securely in place, your ability to chew, speak, and bite normally will be restored, and your other teeth will not drift out of their proper alignment due to the missing tooth.
Other benefits of dental bridges include the following:
- Economical, low-risk option for tooth replacement
- More stable than partial dentures
- Restore your natural smile and face shape
- Dental insurance plans typically cover part of the cost
- Home care and maintenance is easy
Schedule Your Visit
Am I a good candidate?You might be a good candidate for a dental bridge if you are missing between one and three teeth in a row. If you are missing a larger number of teeth, have gum disease, or the teeth surrounding the missing teeth are not healthy, you may need a different treatment option. Dental implants can only be used to support bridges if the jawbone where the implant would be placed is healthy and has enough volume to sustain the post.
Your dentist will conduct a thorough exam to ensure that you are a good candidate for a bridge to help you decide on the best treatment option for your mouth.
Caring for dental bridges at home
Caring for your bridge at home requires the same type of care that is needed to keep your natural teeth healthy. You should brush after every meal, or at least twice a day, with a recommended toothpaste, and floss at least once per day between your natural teeth and under the bridge. A healthy diet that minimizes extra sugar and starches can also help keep your teeth and bridge healthy. Your oral health routine should also include regular hygiene visits to your dentist so your teeth can be professionally cleaned and checked.
Schedule a consultation with Hanford Family Dental Center todayDr. Nikunj Raiyani and his team at Hanford Family Dental Center, located near Avenal, CA, can consult with you about your tooth restoration options and determine whether you are a good candidate for a dental bridge. He will examine your teeth and gums and provide a professional assessment of your best treatment plan.
Call Hanford Family Dental Center today at (559) 530-8080 for high quality tooth restoration with experienced, energetic staff who are committed to giving you a healthy, pain-free smile.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Learn about the dental crown procedure for repairing teeth with Hanford, CA area dentist
- Restore your smile by replacing missing teeth with high quality dental bridges near Avenal, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges
Back to Crowns & Bridges Page