What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
Dental crowns can be damagedEven with the best at-home care and regular checkups, the dental crown will wear just like the natural teeth do. Crowns can also become damaged by biting into hard items such as ice, pretzels, or pens, or from eating foods that are very sticky. In most cases, a crown does not break and fall off immediately. Rather, the patient will begin to notice that it feels loose, or will see damage around the edge of the crown.
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani of the Hanford Family Dental Center urges his patients to seek help as soon as they notice any damage to the crown. It is important that the patient not wait until the tooth hurts, because a compromised crown is not protecting the tooth from further damage or decay.
Fixing and replacing dental crownsIn some cases, a crown can be fixed easily with bonding material. In other cases, it will need to be replaced. The process for having a dental crown replaced is very much like having it placed the first time.
- During the initial appointment, Dr. Raiyani and his team take x-rays to determine how much damage may exist inside the tooth.
- Impressions may also be taken so that the dental lab can create a replacement crown that fits comfortably, supports the tooth, and is an ideal visual match to the rest of the teeth.
- Depending condition of the inside of the tooth, the original crown may need to be removed in order to clean out infection or damage. In this case, a temporary crown is placed until the new crown is ready.
- Once the crown is created, the patient returns to the office to have it bonded into place.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Learn about the dental crown procedure for repairing teeth with Hanford, CA area dentist
- Restore your smile by replacing missing teeth with high quality dental bridges near Avenal, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges
Back to Crowns & Bridges Home Page