Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridgesPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Patients near Avenal, CA who visit a dentist for restorative treatment may be interested in learning about the purpose of certain dental restorations. Drs. Nikunj Raiyani and Sukhmani Marwaha of Hanford Family Dental Center in Hanford, CA proudly offer a wide selection of restorative dentistry services for patients, and welcome patients to ask about solutions including dental bridges and crowns.
When it comes to repairing the smile, it is best to work with a dentist who not only cares about restoring the health and function of the teeth, but also sees the importance of aesthetic repairs. Cosmetic dentistry and restorative dentistry go together, as restoring the smile does not mean that the appearance of the smile falls by the wayside. Our team works closely with dental ceramists to ensure all restorations used in our practice seamlessly integrate into the patient’s appearance. But first, it is essential that patients undergo an initial examination and consultation appointment to determine what restoration is appropriate for their specific needs. Each patient presents a unique opportunity for our team of dental professionals to help, and we rarely find there to be a “one size fits all” solution to problems such as tooth loss or damage to the smile. We encourage patients to book a visit to learn about each of our restorations and make a knowledgeable decision regarding how to pursue restoration of the teeth and the smile. What may be right for one patient is not for another, and we focus on providing customized dental treatment plans for each individual who visits our dental chair.
What is a dental crown?Our team describes a dental crown as a restorative “cap” that is custom-made to fit over a natural tooth and offer it an extra layer of protection and strength. In some instances, this porcelain restoration is also used over the abutment of a dental implant to act as a false tooth. Dental crowns are versatile restorations, often used in general and cosmetic dentistry by our team of professionals. These restorations are fabricated in a dental laboratory by a ceramist who takes great care in ensuring the restoration matches the shape, color, and size of the existing teeth for seamless integration. Crowns are a staple in many dental practices and are used with great care in ours.
What are the benefits of dental crowns?Dental crowns are:
- Strong and durable
CALL OUR OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATIONNew Patients : (559) 530-8080 Existing Patients : (559) 582-4349
What is a dental bridge?Dental crowns are not the only restoration used in our practice. Dental bridges are restorations used to “bridge the gap” between teeth when a tooth is missing. Drs. Nikunj Raiyani and Sukhmani Marwaha may evaluate a patient and determine that a dental bridge is a wonderful solution to their tooth loss. Dental bridges are effective because they use the adjacent teeth as anchors for the restoration. The dental bridge is anchors on each side with adjacent teeth and places a false tooth referred to as a pontic where the missing tooth once was. This pontic is fused to crowns on each side to create the dental bridge. The restoration is perfect for the purpose of replacing one tooth or several teeth in a row that may be missing from the dental arch.
What are the benefits of dental bridges?Dental bridges are:
- Less expensive than dental implants
- More permanent than partial dentures
- Easy to care for and maintain
- Often covered in part by dental insurance plans
- A great option for economical tooth replacement
What restoration is appropriate for me?
Connect with the team of Hanford Family Dental Center today!Drs. Nikunj Raiyani and Sukhmani Marwaha of Hanford Family Dental Center are committed to helping patients in Avenal, CA to restore their smiles with high quality, natural-looking restorations. Our professionals are here to help and provide general and cosmetic dentistry for the entire family! Contact our team today in Hanford, CA by calling (559) 530-8080 and visiting the office at 425 West 7th Street, Suite 104. We accept new patients and families into our facility for comprehensive dental care solutions.
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges
Back to Crowns & Bridges Page