Learn about the dental crown procedure for repairing teeth with Hanford, CA area dentistPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
What is a dental crown?Crowns, or caps, are designed to cover natural tooth structure to protect it and strengthen it. This is often done if damage from trauma or decay has occurred. Sometimes, fillings alone cannot repair a tooth that has been impacted by cavities. In a situation such as this, the dentists of Hanford Family Dental Center will evaluate a patient to decide if the placement of a dental crown would be sufficient in strengthening the tooth enough to allow it to function properly. If a patient is a good candidate for a dental crown, they will undergo the preparations needed to create this restoration and bond it in place.
What is the process of obtaining a dental crown?
- First, patients will consult with the dentist to determine if they need a dental crown or alternative restoration.
- Second, preparations require the dentist to file down the tooth’s natural enamel to prepare it for impressions.
- Third, molds of the natural tooth after it is prepared are done to create an impression of the exact measurements and specifications of the tooth.
- Fourth, these impressions are sent to a dental laboratory with specific instructions for the ceramist such as size, shape, and color of the final repair.
- Fifth, a temporary dental crown is bonded onto the prepared tooth to protect it until the final restoration is complete and sent to the dental office.
- Sixth, patients return to the dental office to have their temporary removed and their permanent restoration bonded in place.
Schedule Your Visit
Find out if you are a good candidate for a dental crownDr. Nikunj Raiyani of Hanford Family Dental Center in Hanford, CA is committed to providing the best possible care for patients in and around the community. If you have a tooth that has been weakened and requires additional protection and strengthening, speak to our team to find out if dental crowns are right for you. The office is located at 869 W Lacey Blvd Suite 101 and accepts new patients and families who Call (559) 530-8080 for an appointment.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Learn about the dental crown procedure for repairing teeth with Hanford, CA area dentist
- Restore your smile by replacing missing teeth with high quality dental bridges near Avenal, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges
Back to Crowns & Bridges Page