Crowns & Bridges
Dr. RaiyaniRating 5
By Walsh K.
If you are like me, major dental phobia, look no further for a great dentist. Dr. Raiyani is phenomenal!! He understands your needs and sensitivities and goes above and beyond to accommodate them. Staff is always friendly and professional. From major work to fillings and cleanings, I highly recommend Hanford Family Dental Center!
Crowns and bridges are an investment that can last a lifetimeCrowns and bridges are parts of restorative dentistry that provide important functions. A crown can be used as a part of tooth replacement or as a protective measure against damage in a fragile tooth. A bridge is a form of tooth replacement that has been used for many decades with excellent results. Due to high quality materials and the strong bonding process in which crowns and bridges are affixed, these restorations can sustain functionality while preserving the natural appearance of teeth.
In consultation with Dr. Raiyani, patients can learn about the types of crowns and bridges available today. Using porcelain crowns, we achieve outstanding results without the inclusion of metal. Porcelain looks and functions so similarly to natural enamel that evidence of dental work is completely discreet. Dental bridge treatment is designed around the individual and may be completed with one of three different types of bridges:
- The fixed bridge is the most common restoration, comprised of two dental crowns and an artificial tooth. The crowns are affixed to the teeth on each side of the gap. These teeth anchor the artificial tooth, which sits on top of the gums.
- The cantilever bridge is the restoration designed for replacement when teeth exist only on one side of a gap. Due to anchoring on only one side, the cantilever bridge is best suited to areas of the mouth where chewing force is lower.
- The resin-bonded bridge is affixed to adjacent teeth via metal bands. These bands are bonded into place using tooth colored resin and they anchor the artificial tooth in place.
Longevity results from adequate careAlthough dental restorations are made from materials that will not decay, it is important to maintain a high level of oral hygiene after the placement of a crown or bridge. Dr. Raiyani uses the latest materials and techniques in order to achieve the best fit for restorations. Beyond the design process, however, a lack of oral hygiene can diminish the integrity of the crown or bridge.
Daily brushing and flossing are essential for oral health and for the longevity of the dental restoration. After the placement of a final restoration, our team discusses the ways in which to brush and floss. Regular dental check-ups are also an important part of oral health after restorative care.
Tooth restoration with a beautiful crown or bridge can give you back the functionality and natural beauty you have always enjoyed. Call Hanford Family Dental Care to schedule your consultation with our friendly, experienced team.
- Dentist near Avenal, CA describes the purpose of restorations including dental crowns and bridges
- Learn about the cost of dental crowns in California
- Porcelain veneers and crowns can be used to enhance the natural smile for Hanford, California area patients
- Hanford, California dentist offers quality dental bridges as tooth replacement option!
- Hanford, CA dentist offers different types of dental crowns
- Dental crowns keep smiles beautiful in Lemoore, CA
- Avenal area dentist explains when dental crowns are needed for the front teeth
- What patients in the Hanford, CA area need to know about dental crown replacement
- Understanding the cost, procedure, and advantages of dental crowns in California
- Finding a dentist for dental crowns and bridges in the Hanford, CA area
- Patients in Lemoore, CA ask about the purposes of crowns and bridges