Hanford Family Dentistry | Dentist in Hanford, CATooth replacement is not just crucial to the look of your smile; it is essential to your general health and well-being. Losing one or more permanent teeth could be a warning sign of a decline in overall health.
According to experts such as the founder of the Mayo Clinic, Dr. Charles Mayo, people who keep their natural teeth enjoy a longer lifespan than those who lose their teeth to decay or disease. Dental implants are among the most effective ways to replace missing teeth today.
What are dental implants?A dental implant is a small titanium rod surgically inserted into the gum socket left by a missing tooth. This artificial root is integrated with your body and provides a solid and robust base for replacement teeth.
Dental implant surgery is, by far, the best long-term solution and has incredibly high success rates. They are the new standard in tooth replacement because they fit and function like natural teeth.
Implants have three parts:
- The implant: a titanium screw surgically inserted into the jaw bone
- The abutment: a small piece that connects the tooth and implant
- The crown: part of the tooth that matches the rest of your teeth and is attached to the implant
How Are Dental Implants Placed?The implant process is very streamlined and efficient. The insertion of the implant post takes only a short while in our office. It is virtually painless due to the use of local anesthetic. Once situated in the jawbone, implants are covered with gum tissue.
This allows them to sit undisturbed as bone tissue fuses around the titanium tooth root making it part of you and a durable base to anchor your new tooth. This process can take two to six months. You may ask your dentist, Dr. Raiyani, or Dr. Marwaha, for a temporary crown to be attached until the restoration process is complete.
Once the implants are strong enough to support the implant, an abutment attaches to the implant post. The new crown fits on the other end of the abutment.
Once secured, your brand-new teeth should instantly feel comfortable and completely natural. The implant process can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or complete upper and lower new teeth set.
Dental Implants VideoVideo Transcript
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
What our patients say about Dental Implants
By Monica I.
I was extremely nervous and traumatized by previous childhood dentists but when I went to Dr. Raiyani at Hanford Family Dental Center, they made me feel very welcome, at ease and comfortable. Dr. was very gentle and made sure I wasn't in any pain. I'm happy to say they helped me get over my fear of going to the Dentist and I look forward to continuing my visits with my new Dental family.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?Many patients at Hanford Family Dentistry prefer tooth replacement with dental implants due to the benefits that come from the replacement of missing roots. While dentures or a dental bridge can restore the appearance of teeth and facilitate chewing, dental implants do so to the highest degree because they stem from stabilization in the jawbone.
The most obvious benefit of dental implants is greater enjoyment of life. But the benefits go beyond this:
- Dental implants offer an improved appearance by preventing changes in facial structure caused by tooth loss.
- Implants provide easier speaking and eating as they are secured into the jaw and offer the same force and functionality as natural teeth.
- Implants are easy to care for and require only regular brushing without glues, cleaning tablets, or specialized flossers.
- Dental implants improve oral health by leaving surrounding teeth untouched, unlike dental bridges that require attachment to other teeth.
- Implants stimulate bone growth, preventing bone loss in the jaw, which is common when teeth are missing.
- Dental implants are incredibly durable and long-lasting, potentially lasting a lifetime with proper care, unlike other tooth replacement options that may need periodic repairs or replacement.
We expect our smile to last us a lifetime. Tooth loss, however, is a real problem affecting millions of people. Dental science has given us hope that our smile can last a lifetime. Implants require no special care, just good oral hygiene daily and routine dental checkups and cleanings. In return, these restorations will serve you well for many years.
Get Dental Implants From Your Dentist in Hanford, CAThere are many factors your dentist needs to consider when determining whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implant treatment. Regardless of the type of implant, it is crucial to have healthy gums and no sign of periodontal disease. Sometimes, a bone grafting procedure must be done before the implants.
If you are interested in learning more in a consultation about dental implants, please call your Hanford dentist at (650) 494-1122 or email us. We look forward to meeting you, assisting you with your dental health goals, and helping you create a beautiful and healthy smile.
- How Affordable Dental Implants Can Replace Lost Teeth
- Sacramento, in search of “dental implants near me?”
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, “How do I care for my implants?”
- Learn about the uses of dental implants near Lemoore, CA for treatment of missing teeth
- Dental office near Lemoore, CA discusses the benefits of choosing dental implants
- Dentist in Hanford, CA offers dental implants for patients to consider when replacing missing teeth
- Hanford family dentist talks about the costs and benefits of dental implants
- What type of dental implant is used in Hanford, California patients interested in retaining dentures?
- Understanding the dental implant procedure as replacement teeth for Hanford, CA area residents
- How are tooth implants done by a dentist in Hanford? .
- Visit a dental implant clinic in Hanford, CA to discuss the advantages of implants for tooth replacement
- Hanford, CA dentist provides tooth implants for a tooth loss solution.
- Hanford dentist helps patients understand why dental implants cost is worth it!
- Local dentist helps Corcoran, CA patients understand the cost and advantages of dental implants
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA, offers dental implants as an alternative to dentures
- Hanford dentist restores natural structure with affordable mini dental implants
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, "What are the benefits dental implants?"