Hanford family dentist talks about the costs and benefits of dental implantsPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Replacing missing teeth is not just about aesthetics, although dental implants do provide patients with a natural looking solution. When permanent teeth are lost due to decay or injury, it impacts oral health. Gaps in the teeth leave room for remaining teeth to shift out of place and possibly come lose. The root of the tooth is needed to stimulate the jawbone and keep it healthy. When the root is missing, the gum tissue and bone can begin to deteriorate.
To keep the mouth healthy after tooth loss, dental implants are a great solution. If you have been considering whether dental implants are the right choice for you, the following guide from our Hanover dentists can help you make your decision.
What are dental implants?In general terms, a dental implant is an artificial tooth root. It costs more than other restorations such as removable dentures or bridges because it is integrated into the jawbone and becomes part of the natural mouth structure.
The implant itself is put into the jawbone and replaces the missing tooth root. Most dental implants are made out of titanium because it’s a material widely used in other medical procedures and is not likely to be rejected by the body. The titanium implant fuses with the jawbone and becomes the new anchoring foundation for either a crown or dentures. Implants can be used on one missing tooth or to replace an entire arch of teeth.
Schedule Your Visit
How implants workDental implants require placement in a healthy mouth, therefore any signs of decay or disease must be treated prior to the implant procedure. There also must be sufficient bone structure to support the dental implant. During the consultation process, x-rays are taken to evaluate the strength of the bone. If the jawbone structure is insufficient, a bone graft may be suggested prior to receiving dental implants.
The benefits of dental implantsThere are many reasons why dental implants are considered the “gold standard” for tooth restoration over dentures or bridges. The biggest reason is that it stops bone degeneration. When an implant is placed it stimulates the bone tissue similar to the way a tooth root does, which helps patients retain function and the shape of their face. Other benefits include:
- Eliminating the need for denture adjustments and upgrades
- They look and feel like natural teeth
- Implants do not shift out of place
- Speech is not affected
- No long list of foods to avoid
- Do not require altering healthy tooth enamel
- No special cleaning
Deciding if the cost and benefits of dental implants is right for you
Dental implants can last a lifetime with proper oral hygiene and dental care unlike dentures which need to be updated multiple times over the course of a lifetime. It’s important to know that patients can still develop gum disease with implants, so keeping up a good oral health routine is important. Taking care of dental implants is easy, patients just need to brush and floss normally, along with regular dental check-ups.
If your life is impacted negatively by missing teeth, it’s time to come up with a solution. At Hanford Family Dental Center, we believe dental implants can be extremely beneficial and cost-effective over the course of your lifetime. To schedule a consultation with our team call (559) 530-8080. We’re ready to tell you about the benefits of dental implants and help you enjoy a renewed smile.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- How Affordable Dental Implants Can Replace Lost Teeth
- Sacramento, in search of “dental implants near me?”
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, “How do I care for my implants?”
- Learn about the uses of dental implants near Lemoore, CA for treatment of missing teeth
- Dental office near Lemoore, CA discusses the benefits of choosing dental implants
- Dentist in Hanford, CA offers dental implants for patients to consider when replacing missing teeth
- Hanford family dentist talks about the costs and benefits of dental implants
- What type of dental implant is used in Hanford, California patients interested in retaining dentures?
- Understanding the dental implant procedure as replacement teeth for Hanford, CA area residents
- How are tooth implants done by a dentist in Hanford? .
- Visit a dental implant clinic in Hanford, CA to discuss the advantages of implants for tooth replacement
- Hanford, CA dentist provides tooth implants for a tooth loss solution.
- Hanford dentist helps patients understand why dental implants cost is worth it!
- Local dentist helps Corcoran, CA patients understand the cost and advantages of dental implants
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA, offers dental implants as an alternative to dentures
- Hanford dentist restores natural structure with affordable mini dental implants
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, "What are the benefits dental implants?"
Back to Dental Implants Page