How are tooth implants done by a dentist in Hanford?Posted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani describes dental implantsWhat is a dental implant? How do they restore the smile? How much do they cost? The patients who visit our Hanford, CA area practice often have questions when it comes to restoring their smile with dental implants. Dental implants are titanium posts dentists use to replace a missing tooth root. Implants are put into the jawbone during oral surgery, acting as a tooth root replacement. Once solidified in place through osseointegration (bone growth over several weeks), the implant is restored over the top with:
- Dental crowns
- Dental bridges
- Full dentures
Why are dental implants so desirable?Dental implants have a variety of benefits, which patients take into consideration when choosing a tooth replacement solution for their smile. Implants are:
- Permanent. With proper care, patients can expect their dental implants to last a lifetime.
- Strong. Thanks to the bone structure holding the implant in place, dental implants are incredibly durable and effective.
- A great investment. While dental implants are more expensive than alternatives such as bridges and dentures, they are a wonderful investment in the smile over the long-term thanks to their longevity.
- Easy to care for. Teeth replaced with dental implants do not need any special care or attention above normal brushing and flossing. Many patients forget they even have dental implants over time.
- Natural-looking. Patients who visit our team are often looking for aesthetic replacement options for their smile, and dental implants fit the bill!
Request an Appointment
What is the process of obtaining dental implants?The first step in deciding if dental implants are appropriate is to schedule a consultation appointment. During this time, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani will have patients undergo a series of x-rays to check dental health and look at the bone structure of the jaw. Without enough bone structure, dental implants will not be successful, so it is important to assess the bone through dental x-rays. Once patients have been deemed suitable candidates for dental implants and have decided against bridges or dentures, they can move forward with the procedure. Oral surgery is necessary for the placement of implants into the bone of the jaw. The entire treatment is done with proper anesthetics and sedation for optimum patient comfort. Then, several weeks are given for healing and the process of osseointegration. Osseointegration is necessary to ensure the bone fuses to the implant and gives it the stability it needs to function properly. Once this has occurred, the dentist can discuss restoration solutions with the patient. This may include the placement of a crown, bridge, or denture over the implant, depending on the specific needs and how many teeth are being replaced. These restorations are custom-made for patients to ensure they look natural and fit into the smile for seamless integration.
How long does the process take?
Schedule a visit with our team today to learn more about dental implantsDr. Nikunj Raiyani of Hanford Family Dental Center is here to assist patients in the areas of Hanford, Lemoore, and Corcoran with their oral health care needs. We encourage patients to contact our practice at 869 W Lacey Blvd to learn about the advantages of placing dental implants to restore function and aesthetics. Call (559) 530-8080to book an appointment and get a full examination to determine candidacy.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- How Affordable Dental Implants Can Replace Lost Teeth
- Sacramento, in search of “dental implants near me?”
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, “How do I care for my implants?”
- Learn about the uses of dental implants near Lemoore, CA for treatment of missing teeth
- Dental office near Lemoore, CA discusses the benefits of choosing dental implants
- Dentist in Hanford, CA offers dental implants for patients to consider when replacing missing teeth
- Hanford family dentist talks about the costs and benefits of dental implants
- What type of dental implant is used in Hanford, California patients interested in retaining dentures?
- Understanding the dental implant procedure as replacement teeth for Hanford, CA area residents
- How are tooth implants done by a dentist in Hanford? .
- Visit a dental implant clinic in Hanford, CA to discuss the advantages of implants for tooth replacement
- Hanford, CA dentist provides tooth implants for a tooth loss solution.
- Hanford dentist helps patients understand why dental implants cost is worth it!
- Local dentist helps Corcoran, CA patients understand the cost and advantages of dental implants
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA, offers dental implants as an alternative to dentures
- Hanford dentist restores natural structure with affordable mini dental implants
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, "What are the benefits dental implants?"
Back to Dental Implants Home Page