Caring general dentist in Hanford explains a treatment that can protect teeth from cavities
The purpose of dental sealantsDental sealants provide added tooth protection from decay. Dental sealant treatment is more common among children and teenagers, but adults appreciate the benefits of dental sealants as well. Since baby teeth hold the correct spacing for permanent teeth, it is critical to keep them healthy. We can place dental sealants on baby teeth when they have deep grooves and depressions. Parents can rest assured we provide gentle treatment at our practice.
The dental sealant procedureThe dental sealant procedure is typically quick and simple. We will thoroughly clean the teeth. Then, we place an absorbent material around the teeth to keep them dry during the procedure. We place composite resin on the grooves and depressions of the back teeth, which forms a protective shield over the tooth enamel. We will use a special curing light to harden the composite resin, which is a strong, versatile material that blends with the natural teeth. Dental Sealants keep plaque and food from entering the depressions of the teeth. The sealant bonds onto the teeth, which can protect them from cavities.
The benefits of dental sealantsDental sealants can last up to a decade with good oral hygiene habits. Therefore, it is important to brush at least twice a day, floss before bedtime, and maintain dental check-ups at least biannually. At dental appointments, Dr. Raiyani can check the strength and function of the sealants. When needed, he can replace worn down or chipped dental sealants.
Do you want to provide your teeth added protection from decay? Dental sealants may be the ideal treatment for you. To explore your candidacy for treatment, schedule a consultation with Dr. Raiyani by calling our friendly and knowledgeable team at (559) 530-8080 today.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- General Dental Office in Hanford CA: Common Dental Procedures
- General dentist near Coalinga, CA provides pain-free, professional oral health care for every stage of life
- Wondering what is a general dentist? Lemoore CA dental center can help answer
- Can a chipped front tooth be repaired at a dental practice near Lemoore, CA?
- Hanford dental practice explains the dental crown procedure
- Affordable family dentistry helps our patients from Lemoore, CA maintain healthy smiles
- Manage that sensitive sweet tooth in our family dental center in Hanford, CA
- Patients seek a respected dentist near Lemoore, CA who provides services for the whole family
- Residents in Corcoran, CA ask, "Does a dentist near me utilize innovative technology to identify oral health conditions?"
- Respected dentist in Hanford, CA explains the cost factors of root canal therapy
- Caring general dentist in Hanford explains a treatment that can protect teeth from cavities
Back to General Dentistry Home Page