Hanford dental practice explains the dental crown procedure
During the first visit, Dr. Raiyani and his team:
- Take x-rays to determine if the tooth has any decay or if there is a potential for infection or injury to the tooth’s root.
- Apply a numbing agent, and prepare the tooth for the crown. This may include filing away a very small amount of enamel or building the tooth up using bonding material, so that it can support a crown.
- Make an impression of the tooth and surrounding area
- Place a temporary crown to cover and protect the tooth while the crown is being manufactured at a dental lab.
During the second visit, Dr. Raiyani:
- Removes the temporary crown.
- Ensures that the permanent crown fits properly and that the color matches the patient’s surrounding teeth.
- If everything looks good, the tooth and gum area may once again be numbed before the new crown is permanently bonded into place.
If you think you might need a crown, call the Hanford dental practice of Dr. Nikunj Raiyani. Together with his team, Dr. Raiyani can save a weakened tooth and restore your beautiful smile.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- General Dental Office in Hanford CA: Common Dental Procedures
- General dentist near Coalinga, CA provides pain-free, professional oral health care for every stage of life
- Wondering what is a general dentist? Lemoore CA dental center can help answer
- Can a chipped front tooth be repaired at a dental practice near Lemoore, CA?
- Hanford dental practice explains the dental crown procedure
- Affordable family dentistry helps our patients from Lemoore, CA maintain healthy smiles
- Manage that sensitive sweet tooth in our family dental center in Hanford, CA
- Patients seek a respected dentist near Lemoore, CA who provides services for the whole family
- Residents in Corcoran, CA ask, "Does a dentist near me utilize innovative technology to identify oral health conditions?"
- Respected dentist in Hanford, CA explains the cost factors of root canal therapy
- Caring general dentist in Hanford explains a treatment that can protect teeth from cavities
Back to General Dentistry Home Page