Periodontal disease treatment in California
Most patients believe that brushing and flossing are important as a tool to prevent cavities. While tooth decay is a concern for patients and their dentists, plaque and tartar can also cause trouble for the gums. When the tartar is not removed, it begins to spread below the gum line where it leads to pockets between the tooth and the gum. Over time, these pockets can become infected, causing the gums to become red, inflamed, or sore. Gum inflammation is known as gingivitis, which is an early stage of periodontal disease. If left untreated, gingivitis can progress to a more serious form of gum disease, called periodontitis.
In addition to more severe symptoms and pain, periodontitis can continue the progression of the infection and lead to damage of the gums, the supporting jawbone, and the oral tissue. Left untreated, periodontitis can cause the teeth to become loose or need to be extracted.
The good news is that gum disease is one of the easiest oral health problems to prevent. Proper brushing and flossing, and regular dental visits are usually all it takes to remove plaque and bacteria on the teeth and prevent gum disease from occurring. However, if you do have symptoms of gingivitis or periodontitis, it's important to see a trusted dentist promptly.
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani of the Hanford Family Dental Center has been helping patients in Hanford, California and the surrounding area keep their teeth and gums healthy for many years. If a patient does have gum disease, Dr. Raiyani and his team have several treatments used to control or reverse the problem. For example:
- Deep Cleaning - Using special instruments, Dr. Raiyani can remove the infection from below the gum line and stop the progression of gum disease.
- Medications - Prescription antibiotics or mouth rinses are sometime used to help control the level of bacteria in the mouth. It can also be used to treat an advanced case of gum disease.
- Surgery - If gum disease is very advanced, surgery might be the only option to remove the infection. During this procedure, the gums are lifted away from the teeth and the plaque and bacteria are removed. Then the gums are tightly sutured to ensure that the pockets are eliminated.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA offers diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease
- Dentist near Coalinga, CA offers treatment options for gum infections
- Can gum disease be cured? Learn about treatment of periodontal disease with Hanford dentist
- Hanford dentist wants all patients to know the signs of gum infection and what to do
- Treatments for gum disease available in the Coalinga area
- What are the signs of gum disease for Lemoore area residents?
- Understanding gum disease and the importance of preventive care in Hanford, CA
- Periodontal disease treatment in California
- Dentist in Hanford, CA focuses on the prevention of gum disease
- Respected dentist explains the causes and symptoms of gum disease