Dentist in Hanford, CA focuses on the prevention of gum disease
Dental checkups are important for several reasons, such as receiving a professional cleaning and giving your dentist in Hanford, CA, an opportunity to examine your teeth and gums. However, at home care is also essential. To understand why at home care is so important, it is first necessary to understand how gum disease occurs.
Tooth decay and gum disease develop when food particles, sugar, and bacteria on the teeth are not brushed away and develop into plaque and tartar. The acid in the bacteria begin to work into the enamel, which causes cavities and begins the infection in the gums. Gum disease often presents with early symptoms such as tender or swollen gums, or gums that bleed during daily brushing and flossing.
The good news is gingivitis, the earliest stage of gum disease, is reversible if detected and treated early. Typically, better at-home care, professional cleaning, and specific medicines and antibiotics will be enough to treat gingivitis.
If gingivitis goes untreated, it can progress to more advanced stages of periodontal disease. The more the condition advances, the more serious it becomes. Common symptoms of advanced stages of gum disease are shrinking gums, loss of bone, and even losing a tooth, or teeth. Before teeth can be replaced or other restorative actions can be taken, the gum disease must first be managed. Advanced stages of gum disease can be treated by deep cleaning and medications.
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani of Hanford Family Dental Center has been helping his patients prevent and treat gum disease for many years. Dr. Raiyani urges his patients to understand the early indications of gum disease and not to put off treatment. If you suspect you may have a gum disease problem, call the Hanford Family Dental Center today.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA offers diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease
- Dentist near Coalinga, CA offers treatment options for gum infections
- Can gum disease be cured? Learn about treatment of periodontal disease with Hanford dentist
- Hanford dentist wants all patients to know the signs of gum infection and what to do
- Treatments for gum disease available in the Coalinga area
- What are the signs of gum disease for Lemoore area residents?
- Understanding gum disease and the importance of preventive care in Hanford, CA
- Periodontal disease treatment in California
- Dentist in Hanford, CA focuses on the prevention of gum disease
- Respected dentist explains the causes and symptoms of gum disease