Treatments for gum disease available in the Coalinga areaPosted by Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
The two most common stages of periodontal diseases:
Gingivitis:Gingivitis is the first stage of gum disease. Gingivitis is characterized by inflamed gums that bleed easily while brushing your teeth. The most common cause for gingivitis is plaque.
Periodontal disease:If gingivitis is untreated, it often leads to periodontitis. In this stage, the gum tissue pulls away and from the teeth and forms pockets between your teeth and gums. Bacteria collects here and can cause infection. Symptoms include bleeding gums, chronic bad breath, receding gums, and loose or shifting teeth.
The excellent news is gum disease can be easily treated by your dentist.
Treating gingivitis is very simple. Professional cleanings twice a year and improved oral hygiene habits at home may be all that is necessary. For some cases, Dr. Raiyani may have you come in for an additional cleaning.
Periodontal disease involves more aggressive treatment. The procedure most commonly used is scaling and root planing. This cleans the areas below your gum line of all plaque and tartar. Your tooth roots will be smoothed. This assists your gums adhering back around your teeth as they heal. Sometimes, you will be given antibiotics designed to be placed in the spaces along your gum lines as well.
Hanford Family Dental Center is passionate about helping patients have the healthiest gums and teeth possible. Give us a call today at (559) 530-8080 to schedule an appointment so we can help you get the healthy smile you deserve!
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA offers diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease
- Dentist near Coalinga, CA offers treatment options for gum infections
- Can gum disease be cured? Learn about treatment of periodontal disease with Hanford dentist
- Hanford dentist wants all patients to know the signs of gum infection and what to do
- Treatments for gum disease available in the Coalinga area
- What are the signs of gum disease for Lemoore area residents?
- Understanding gum disease and the importance of preventive care in Hanford, CA
- Periodontal disease treatment in California
- Dentist in Hanford, CA focuses on the prevention of gum disease
- Respected dentist explains the causes and symptoms of gum disease