Hanford dentist wants all patients to know the signs of gum infection and what to doPosted by Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Signs of gum infections
- Swollen gums.
- Gums that bleed while brushing.
- Tender gums.
- Receding gums – soft tissues appear to be moving upwards, exposing more of your teeth and making them look longer.
- Pus coming from your gums.
- Chronic bad breath.
- Loose teeth. If a gum infection is severe enough, your teeth will become loose in their sockets.
- A noticeable change in the way your teeth fit together.
Treatment options for gum infection
- Antibiotic therapy. Antibiotics are used to treat your infection. We will either prescribe an oral antibiotic to be taken by mouth, or we will use a powder or injection directly into your gums in order to topically kill the germs.
- Root planing and scaling treatment. This is for advanced infections. We will clean under your gum line, clearing all plaque and tartar build-up. We smooth out root surfaces of your teeth as well, to prevent future build-up.
- Surgical intervention. In the most advanced infections, we will move forward with a surgical option.
Preventing gum infections
- Brush twice daily and flossing before bedtime.
- Routine dental cleanings allow us to clear your teeth of build-up and ensure that you have no signs of gum disease.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA offers diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease
- Dentist near Coalinga, CA offers treatment options for gum infections
- Can gum disease be cured? Learn about treatment of periodontal disease with Hanford dentist
- Hanford dentist wants all patients to know the signs of gum infection and what to do
- Treatments for gum disease available in the Coalinga area
- What are the signs of gum disease for Lemoore area residents?
- Understanding gum disease and the importance of preventive care in Hanford, CA
- Periodontal disease treatment in California
- Dentist in Hanford, CA focuses on the prevention of gum disease
- Respected dentist explains the causes and symptoms of gum disease
Back to Gum Disease Home Page