Understanding gum disease and the importance of preventive care in Hanford, CA
Preventive dentistry is a common phrase that encompasses the education and treatment necessary to avoid the development of dental disease. Dr. Nikunj Raiyani of the Hanford Family Dental Center is committed to ensuring that his patients have the care they need in his office, and the education to maintain good home oral healthcare habits.
Preventative dentistry has two important components.
- First, is the education and healthy habits that take place at home. These habits include proper tooth brushing (ideally after every meal to remove food particles and bacteria that can cause plaque and tartar build up), flossing, proper nutrition (limiting high-concentrations of sugary foods and beverages), and not smoking or using tobacco products.
- Second, and equally important, is the care that takes place in the dentist’s office. Bi-annual visits to have teeth professionally cleaned and examined are critical to keeping gum disease at bay, and to immediately reverse any infection that may be starting under the gum line.
This combination of at home and in office dental care over a lifetime ensures that gum disease and other oral problems such as cavities, bad breath, and tooth erosion, are identified early and treated before they become significant. The results are a healthy mouth, a beautiful smile, reduced risk of permanent tooth or gum damage, and overall health and well-being.
For a better understanding of how you can prevent gum disease and other oral health ailments, call the Hanford Family Dental Center today at 559-530-8080.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Dentist near Lemoore, CA offers diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease
- Dentist near Coalinga, CA offers treatment options for gum infections
- Can gum disease be cured? Learn about treatment of periodontal disease with Hanford dentist
- Hanford dentist wants all patients to know the signs of gum infection and what to do
- Treatments for gum disease available in the Coalinga area
- What are the signs of gum disease for Lemoore area residents?
- Understanding gum disease and the importance of preventive care in Hanford, CA
- Periodontal disease treatment in California
- Dentist in Hanford, CA focuses on the prevention of gum disease
- Respected dentist explains the causes and symptoms of gum disease