Enjoy the Best Smile of Your Life with an Invisalign OrthodontistPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Invisalign Invisible Aligners ExplainedInvisalign clear aligners replace traditional metal braces using clear, biocompatible plastic to correct dental issues such as gaps and crowded and crooked teeth. The system uses specific aligners you change throughout treatment to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Each tray is based on a model of your teeth, mouth, and face to ensure the best fit.
The Many Benefits of Using InvisalignThe benefits of Invisalign clear aligners compared to traditional braces are many.
- Clear aligners are discrete. Unlike metal braces, others will not be able to tell you are wearing them
- They are more comfortable than metal braces by a mile
- You don't have to see Dr. Raiyani for uncomfortable adjustments; each set of aligners represents a new adjustment
- These aligners can also correct excessive tooth crowding
- Brushing and flossing your teeth is as easy as removing your aligners, something you can't do with traditional braces
- Cleaning your aligners is also a breeze; rinse them with water. On the other hand, cleaning metal braces requires a tutorial
- The overall cost of clear aligners is generally less expensive than the ongoing costs of metal braces
- Traditional braces can take up to two years to deliver results, while Invisalign averages around 12 months
Schedule Your Visit
What to Expect When Starting InvisalignLike traditional braces, wearing Invisalign clear aligners requires some attention. While the clear aligners are far more comfortable than metal braces, they are also shifting your teeth. You may notice the pressure and a tight fit the first time you put them on. You'll get used to the sensation soon as you switch out your aligners. While the pressure isn't painful, it is noticeable and can feel strange. Just know that your aligners are hard at work, correcting your smile.
In some instances, Dr. Raiyani may need to reduce some of your natural tooth enamel between teeth to give them room to move. This is often the case with patients who have crowded teeth. Under such circumstances, the doctor will use special disks for sanding down enamel between your teeth; this process does very little, if any, damage to your oral health.
There also may be the possibility that you'll need to wear special patches on each tooth which will allow the clear aligners to grip better. These patches are removed at the end of your treatment, and you won't even notice them.
Overall, your Invisalign experience should go smoothly. We've found that most patients have no trouble staying compliant with their changing schedules. Compliance is essential and ensures the best results in the least time.
Getting Your Smile Straightened OutAchieving the smile you've always wanted has never been easier. If you're a resident of Hanford or the surrounding communities, call Hanford Family Dental Center at (559) 530-8080 to schedule your consultation with Dr. Raiyani.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Enjoy the Best Smile of Your Life with an Invisalign Orthodontist
- Invisalign Clear Aligners for Hassle-free, Discreet, and Comfortable Teeth Straightening for Adults
Back to Invisalign Page