Hanford dentist has advice for you about child dental healthPosted by Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Facts about tooth decay:
- Almost half of all children have cavities by the time they begin school.
- Children with no oral healthcare are three times more likely to miss school.
- In 2010, ER visits for dental complaints cost over 2 billion dollars.
- One in five children go without dental visits.
How to help your child enjoy lifelong great oral health:
- Start dental checkups early and be consistent with them! The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends the first dental visit prior to a year old. We've found that consistent and early dental visits help ease dental anxiety and allow us to guide your child's oral hygiene routines.
- Use fluoride toothpaste from the beginning: The ADA now recommend that fluoride toothpaste is used from the first tooth. Just use a very small smear to begin. At the age of 3, a pea sized amount can be used.
- Floss daily. This is necessary even before permanent teeth come in. This gets your child in the habit of flossing every day and helps keep their gums and teeth healthy.
- Dentist in Hanford, CA offers family dental care solutions
- Learn about general and pediatric dentistry solutions with a dentist near Corcoran, CA
- Hanford dentist has advice for you about child dental health
- Hanford dentist offers busy families dentistry for kids
- Experienced dentist provides kids dental care for Hanford CA residents
- Coalinga area dentist provides top pediatric oral care health tips
- California pediatric dentist provides tips for keeping your child’s smile healthy
- Hanford, CA dentist helps parents understand the importance of mouth guards for pediatric dental health
- Choosing the best children's dentist
- Dentist in Hanford treats kids of all ages
- Dentist in Hanford educates kids and their parents about oral hygiene
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page