Seek kids’ dental care in Hanford CA for healthy teethPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
All teeth are importantAt Hanford Family Dental Center, we take early visits very seriously while still providing a fun environment for kids and their families. You may have heard that the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that caregivers schedule their child’s first dental visit as soon as the first tooth comes in (no later than the baby’s first birthday). At around six months of age, baby teeth typically start to break through the gums. You’ll probably see a lower front tooth come in before any other teeth. Starting at around your child’s first birthday, and well into his or her teens, these baby teeth will make way for permanent, adult ones. While they are not designed to last like adult teeth, baby teeth need to be healthy and require consistent care because they:
- Reserve the right amount of space for larger adult teeth
- Give structure to your child’s face
- Help to prevent bite problems and misalignment by guiding adult teeth into place
- Support clear speaking and good nutrition during a child’s formative years
Schedule Your Visit
Hanford Family Dental Center sees all check-ups as opportunities to empower patients to take great care of their teeth. Until your child is around seven years old, you may need to brush and floss for them, or at least supervise them to make sure they are cleaning their teeth well (and aren’t eating toothpaste!). Since healthy teeth depend on healthy gum tissue for support, take great care to assure that children are also cleaning their gums and other oral tissues where decay-producing bacteria can accumulate, including the tongue. We demonstrate good techniques that you and your child can take back home with you, because it’s not sufficient to brush twice a day and floss daily. It’s important to brush and floss well. You know children are caring for their teeth well when they:
- Brush outer, inner, and chewing surfaces of each tooth for at least two minutes. Set a fun timer or a child’s favorite 2-minute video or song, to help keep track of the amount of time spent brushing.
- Floss all surfaces of every tooth. Pay special attention to the areas behind and around the molars or back teeth. Food tends to get trapped in their grooved and pitted surfaces. Disposable flossers and picks are handy for kids to use and come in fun colors and designs.
Kids’ dental care for healthy teeth involves different habits and products, personalized to each patient’s unique needs. Call (559) 530-8080 to schedule an appointment at Hanford Dental Center in Hanford, CA.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Seek kids’ dental care in Hanford CA for healthy teeth
- Dentist in Hanford, CA offers family dental care solutions
- Learn about general and pediatric dentistry solutions with a dentist near Corcoran, CA
- Hanford dentist has advice for you about child dental health
- Hanford dentist offers busy families dentistry for kids
- Experienced dentist provides kids dental care for Hanford CA residents
- Coalinga area dentist provides top pediatric oral care health tips
- California pediatric dentist provides tips for keeping your child’s smile healthy
- Hanford, CA dentist helps parents understand the importance of mouth guards for pediatric dental health
- Choosing the best children's dentist
- Dentist in Hanford treats kids of all ages
- Dentist in Hanford educates kids and their parents about oral hygiene
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Page