Learn about general and pediatric dentistry solutions with a dentist near Corcoran, CAPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
What is pediatric dentistry?Not every dentist offers pediatric care. Pediatric dental care requires dentists to have talent in dealing with younger patients. This ensures they have proper chairside manners and can handle children who may be anxious or difficult. Many children have inherent fears about visiting the dentist, maybe because of the fear of the unknown, being unfamiliar with the dental team, or hearing their parents talk about negative experiences in the dental chair. This can cause children to be nervous and even fearful of our dental providers. Our team of professionals provide calm, gentle care to our youngest patients to put them at ease and make them feel more comfortable during their procedures. Additionally, we offer a variety of specialized treatments for children who visit our facility.
Schedule Your Visit
Services available for general and cosmetic dentistry:
- Cleanings – it is essential that children have regular cleanings at their dental office. Children may not be thorough when it comes to brushing and flossing their teeth, so it is our job to make sure to remove any food particles, plaque, tartar, or bacteria that may have developed on the teeth and gums. This is done right in our office and is comfortable and simple.
- Dental examinations – part of preventative dentistry is taking note of changes in the smile and looking for the signs of problems such as early dental decay and gum disease. During a dental examination, our dentists will examine the smile and look for pockets between the teeth and gums, areas where decay is forming, and check the soft tissues and teeth for any imperfections that may require treatment.
- X-rays – as a part of the dental examination, our team may take x-rays during a patient’s first visit or if there are concerns regarding the dental health of an individual. X-rays are done right in our office and can be viewed quickly by the dentist and patient to look for indications of dental issues.
- Fillings – dental fillings are used when patients are faced with cavities. Cavities cause holes in the teeth that can become extremely problematic. For example, cavities can become deep and infect the inner portion of the tooth called the dental pulp. The only way to fix this issue is with a treatment called root canal therapy. Catching cavities early enough for successful intervention is crucial to ensuring bigger problems do not occur over time.
- Extractions – children and adults may require baby or permanent teeth to be extracted. We offer both simple and surgical extractions in our practice for patients who may need to prepare for orthodontic work, are struggling with overcrowding, or are dealing with impacted teeth that have not yet erupted through the gum line, specifically seen with the third molars (wisdom teeth).
- Pediatric dental sealants – it can be difficult for children to properly brush and floss their teeth, so at their six-month dental visits we may apply dental sealants. This is a special sealant that is administered onto the surfaces of the teeth to help protect them from cavities and periodontal disease.
If you are seeking dental care solutions for the entire family, including pediatric dentistry, we encourage you to contact our dentists near Corcoran, CA to ask about your options. At Hanford Family Dental Center, we work with patients to help them in achieving the smiles they’ve always wanted, free from cavities and periodontal disease. The practice is conveniently located at 869 W Lacey Blvd Suite 101 and is available by phone at (559) 530-8080. Contact our front office team today to book an appointment for yourself or your children in our state-of-the-art dental practice!
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Seek kids’ dental care in Hanford CA for healthy teeth
- Dentist in Hanford, CA offers family dental care solutions
- Learn about general and pediatric dentistry solutions with a dentist near Corcoran, CA
- Hanford dentist has advice for you about child dental health
- Hanford dentist offers busy families dentistry for kids
- Experienced dentist provides kids dental care for Hanford CA residents
- Coalinga area dentist provides top pediatric oral care health tips
- California pediatric dentist provides tips for keeping your child’s smile healthy
- Hanford, CA dentist helps parents understand the importance of mouth guards for pediatric dental health
- Choosing the best children's dentist
- Dentist in Hanford treats kids of all ages
- Dentist in Hanford educates kids and their parents about oral hygiene
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page