Root Canal Therapy
Root canal therapy explainedRoot canal therapy is the procedure recommended for the elimination of severe infection or decay. Infection in the pulp of a tooth can cause a great deal of pain and poses a risk to surrounding structures. Due to the potential for extensive damage reaching the jawbone or even the head and neck, treatment for infection in a tooth is essential.
The root canal procedure does not begin until the area has been numbed with medication. When the patient is comfortable, we proceed to remove decay using the same method as that for a dental filling. An opening is then made to allow access to the pulp chamber. Infected tissue is removed with tiny instruments. After cleansing and sterilizing the root canal, the opening is sealed and a temporary restoration is placed over the tooth. In a follow-up visit, the final crown restoration will replace the temporary crown, protecting the tooth from cracks or fractures.
Root Canal VideoVideo Transcript
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
Benefits of root canal therapyInfection in the core of a tooth can lead to serious problems that require extensive treatment or even surgery to repair. Your dentist eliminates not only infection but the pain that has resulted from inflammation.
Do you need root canal therapy?There are often symptoms that alert a person to trouble. These include:
- Severe, persistent toothache
- Swelling in gum tissue
- Tooth sensitivity
- Discoloration or darkening of a tooth
- Sores or pus on the gums
- Advantages of Treating Damaged Teeth with Root Canal Procedure
- Dental professional near Lemoore, CA offers root canal therapy to save a natural tooth from extraction
- Learn about the cost of root canal treatment for patients near Coalinga, CA
- Hanford CA dentist provides best results for toothache relief web searches!
- Lemoore, CA area dentist describes root canal therapy
- Hanford, CA, dentist explains root canal therapy
- Hanford, CA, dentist discusses common myths about root canal therapy
- Root canal treatment a cost our patients near Lemoore, CA may be able to avoid
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask about the cost of Zoom! tooth whitening treatment
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, "What is the purpose of a root canal?"