Hanford, CA, dentist explains root canal therapy
- Root canal therapy can save a tooth. In many instances, root canals are performed on a tooth that has become infected, has a large cavity, or has nerves that are diseased. Additionally, teeth that are abscessed may need a root canal as well.
- Root canals do not cause pain. Most patients come to the dentist because they are experiencing intense pain. This is because an infection inside the tooth is affecting the nerve, which increases the severity of pain. The root canal procedure itself will performed using anesthesia and is no more painful than a simple cavity filling.
- In other cases, the problem is spotted through an exam or x-rays. When a patient is not experiencing severe pain he may learn that a root canal is necessary following an x-ray that shows the infection. Even if the patient is not in pain it’s important to have the treatment done before the decay gets worse and puts the tooth at greater risk.
- During the root canal, Dr. Raiyani will drill a hole into the tooth and remove the infected tissue from the canals and pulp chamber. He disinfects the tooth and then fills it . Because the nerves are removed, patients will lose feeling in that tooth; however, the tooth will still function as it did before.
- The tooth may become more following a root canal. To protect the tooth from breaking, it will be capped with a dental crown. These crowns are custom made to be an exact match in shade and shape to the natural tooth.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani, Dr. Sukhmani Marwaha, Dr. Navneet Kaur and Dr. Dorsa Jalaee provide the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Dental professional near Lemoore, CA offers root canal therapy to save a natural tooth from extraction
- Learn about the cost of root canal treatment for patients near Coalinga, CA
- Hanford CA dentist provides best results for toothache relief web searches!
- Lemoore, CA area dentist describes root canal therapy
- Hanford, CA, dentist explains root canal therapy
- Hanford, CA, dentist discusses common myths about root canal therapy
- Root canal treatment a cost our patients near Lemoore, CA may be able to avoid
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask about the cost of Zoom! tooth whitening treatment
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, "What is the purpose of a root canal?"
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page