Patients in Hanford, CA ask, “What is the purpose of a root canal?”
Learning about the tooth anatomyIt is important to understand the tooth makeup. The root canal is comprised of nerves, blood vessels, and other tissues. When a tooth becomes damaged, an infection can develop. The dental pulp dies and the body will react with an inflammatory response. It is critical to seek treatment when a toothache or other warning signs of infection appear including an abscessed tooth, swollen or tender gums, tooth discoloration, or sensitivity to hot or cold foods and beverages. Left untreated, the infection can affect the bloodstream.
Understanding the purpose of root canalsAlthough root canals have a bad reputation, the truth is they are nothing to fear. They actually provide pain relief and are typically painless. The affected area can be properly numbed during the procedure to provide the utmost patient comfort.
Do you want to explore root canal treatment? During a consultation, Dr. Raiyani will examine the mouth, teeth, and gums. We may use digital x-rays as well as an intra-oral camera to detect issues that may be unnoticed by the unassisted eye. If a root canal is recommended, Dr. Raiyani will devise a treatment plan with you. During the procedure, Dr. Raiyani will carefully clean the canal of debris and the infection. The root canal will be disinfected before it is filled and sealed. A dental filling and possibly a dental crown will be used to protect the tooth. A porcelain dental crown can add natural beauty and optimal function to the smile.
Do you have a painful toothache? Do not delay treatment. Schedule an appointment with Dr. Raiyani today by calling (559) 530-8080 .
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Advantages of Treating Damaged Teeth with Root Canal Procedure
- Dental professional near Lemoore, CA offers root canal therapy to save a natural tooth from extraction
- Learn about the cost of root canal treatment for patients near Coalinga, CA
- Hanford CA dentist provides best results for toothache relief web searches!
- Lemoore, CA area dentist describes root canal therapy
- Hanford, CA, dentist explains root canal therapy
- Hanford, CA, dentist discusses common myths about root canal therapy
- Root canal treatment a cost our patients near Lemoore, CA may be able to avoid
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask about the cost of Zoom! tooth whitening treatment
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask, "What is the purpose of a root canal?"
Back to Pediatric Dentistry Home Page