Local dentist in Hanford explains effective teeth whitening methodsPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Reasons for teeth whiteningWhile most people think of teeth as being white, natural tooth enamel can vary greatly in shades. Over time, enamel can become stained or darken for a variety reasons including:
- Certain medications
- Stain causing foods and beverages
- Excess fluoride
In-office whiteningProfessional, in-office whitening begins with the application of a strong bleaching agent to the surfaces of the teeth. The strength of the bleaching in professional whitening is much stronger than over the counter products. Once on the teeth, the whitening gel will be activated with a special light that helps it break up stains both on and beneath the enamel. The gel also oxidizes the dentin which allows the teeth to appear brighter. The entire procedure takes about an hour.
Schedule Your Visit
At-home whiteningSome patients prefer a more gradual approach to whitening which is why we offer professional-strength at-home kits. We provide patients with custom fabricated trays that fit comfortably in the mouth. Each day the patient will apply the whitening gel to the trays and wear them as directed. After a few days, the smile will begin to be visibly whiter and brighter.
Important things to know about teeth whitening
- It’s versatile. Teeth whitening can be an effective solution for patients who are gearing up for a big event, preparing for a job interview, or simply someone who wants to rejuvenate their smile.
- You can experience sensitivity. While the majority of people experience little to no sensitivity, it is a potential risk. This is one of the top reasons to choose whitening from a dental professional. If your teeth are sensitive, we can recommend methods for managing it.
- Results are long lasting. Teeth whitening can be permanent if patients maintain good oral hygiene and try to avoid certain habits and stop consuming stain causing foods and beverages. At home trays can be used for periodic whitening touch-ups if some staining does occur.
- It’s economical. Teeth whitening is one of the most cost-effective cosmetic treatments available and the results can be dramatic.
- It’s safe. Research and clinical studies have shown that teeth whitening under professional supervision is a safe procedure. Patients can trust that they are in good hands when they are receiving this from their Hanford dentist.
Getting started with teeth whitening
Once we determine that you are a candidate for teeth whitening, you can choose in-office or at-home whitening. When you choose in-office whitening, you will leave with the vibrant white smile that you’ve been dreaming about. If you choose at-home whitening, you’ll be well on your way to a vivid smile if you wear your whitening trays as instructed over the next several weeks.
The benefits of a whiter smile are proven. Individuals with vibrant, attractive smiles are perceived as successful, friendly, approachable, and happy. You don’t get a second chance to make a first impression. It’s time to stop hiding your smile and start showing it to the world. If you are in the Hanford area, we invite you to call us at 559-530-8080 to schedule an appointment to find out how teeth whitening can benefit you.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- Hanford CA family dentists brighten your smile with teeth whitening that really works
- Get the smile of your dreams with professional teeth whitening treatment near Avenal, CA
- Local dentist in Hanford explains effective teeth whitening methods
- Ask the dentist about teeth whitening for sensitive teeth in Hanford, California
- What are the benefits of professional teeth whitening in Hanford, CA practice?
- What is the best way to whiten teeth in California to enjoy a bright, beautiful smile?
- Learn more about professional teeth whitening to improve tooth discoloration in Hanford, California
- Natural teeth whitening tips to prolong bleaching results
- Hanford, CA residents can count on long lasting dental whitening treatments from area dentist
- Patients in Corcoran love how professional teeth whitening gives them the smile of their dreams!
- Finding affordable teeth whitening service in Lemoore
- People in Lemoore achieve a beautiful and natural smile with professional teeth whitening
- Hanford, CA, dentist discusses teeth whitening cost
- Achieve your best smile in less time with professional teeth whitening available in Hanford
- California dentist provides tips for keeping your smile bright after teeth whitening treatment
- Teeth whitening services from respected Hanford, CA, dentist
- Dental team in Hanford, CA offers Zoom! teeth whitening at a reasonable cost
- Patients in Hanford, CA ask about the cost of Zoom! tooth whitening treatment
- Dentist in Hanford, CA provides safe and effective teeth bleaching treatment
Back to Teeth Whitening Page