Dentist near Avenal, CA explains the benefits of porcelain veneers for your dental health, smile aestheticsPosted By Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
Some strictly cosmetic dental concerns can also have farther-reaching consequences for your oral health. Accordingly, the procedures that you initially think are strictly for smile improvement, may have the added benefit of positively impacting your oral health. And a well mouth may be less likely to develop medical conditions ranging from rheumatoid arthritis to heart disease.
Rebuilding healthy tooth structureVeneers are thin shells of dental porcelain and composite resin that are designed and affixed to the front of the prepared tooth structure. Enamel is the protective outer layer of your tooth. Enamel provides a barrier between the softer, vulnerable inner layers of the tooth and potential damage from the forces sustained by day-to-day chewing, biting, grinding, and clenching. While it’s stronger than bone, enamel is not resistant to damage. Some common causes of enamel damage or erosion include:
- Acids that wear away at the tooth from the outside, in – If teeth aren’t properly brushed, flossed, and professionally cleaned, the sugars and starches in foods and drinks mix with harmful bacteria naturally present in your mouth to produce plaque acids that bathe your teeth, and progressively destroy them without treatment.
- Teeth-grinding, -clenching, and wear and tear – Often, people who are bruxers will involuntarily clench or grind their teeth during sleep. The resulting friction can erode the tooth’s surface. Enamel is also susceptible to damage caused by habits such as chewing ice cubes, biting fingernails, and opening bottles and packages with your teeth.
Schedule Your Visit
- Discoloration – As white enamel wears away, the softer dentin layer underneath is exposed. Since dentin is generally a pale yellow in hue, when enamel erodes, your teeth may appear less white, more lackluster, and stained.
- Cracking and chipping – As the enamel erodes, the edges of your teeth become visibly jagged and uneven.
- Cupping – Another form of wear, indentations or “cups” may form on the surface of the tooth.
Options for diverse budgets, goals
Indirect veneers may be completed in two to three visits, whereas direct veneers or bonding only require a single visit to get the stunning results you desire. Porcelain veneers are stain-resistant, and their ability to replicate the appearance and durability of natural tooth enamel is unmatched. Direct veneers may also be an affordable option for patients who later transition to porcelain veneers. Since the likes of chips and spacing issues make teeth vulnerable to decay, veneers as a replacement for natural tooth enamel help to create not only a more attractive smile but a healthier one.
Call (559) 530-8080 to schedule an appointment at our Hanford office. Dr. Raiyani will evaluate your teeth and talk to you about what you want from smile improvement procedures. From there, other recommendations may also be made, including orthodontic treatments like Six Month Smiles, and inlays, onlays, and full-coverage porcelain crowns.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- You have arrived at the right place for quality, natural veneers for teeth in Hanford, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA explains the benefits of porcelain veneers for your dental health, smile aesthetics
- Dentist near me in Hanford, CA answers: are veneers the same as crowns?
- Porcelain veneers are used to improve the appearance of teeth for Hanford, California area patients
- Wondering if cost of porcelain veneers is worth it? Hanford dentist believes it is!
- Hanford, CA patients think teeth veneers cost is worth it
- Avenal, CA, patients find affordable smile improvement with dental veneers
- Corcoran residents ask, “What are the advantages of using veneers for my teeth?”
- Dentist nearby Lemoore, CA, explains the advantages of porcelain veneers
- Understanding porcelain dental veneers in Hanford, CA
- Dentist in Hanford highlights the types of dental veneers
- Veneers at Hanford dental practice enhance the natural beauty of the smile
Back to Veneers Page