Dentist near me in Hanford, CA answers: are veneers the same as crowns?Posted by Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
What are porcelain veneers?Porcelain veneers are ceramic restorations used to cover imperfections such as:
- Fractured teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Chipped teeth
- Permanently stained teeth
- Unusually-shaped teeth
Are porcelain veneers the same as crowns?
Who is a candidate for a porcelain veneer?Patients who are appropriate candidates for porcelain veneers are those who are interested in covering aesthetic imperfections on the anterior teeth. Most patients with good oral health can benefit from the use of veneers bonded over problematic teeth. To determine if porcelain veneers are the most advantageous solution, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani suggests patients book a consultation appointment and initial evaluation at Hanford Family Dental Center.
What alternatives are available for patients considering porcelain veneers?Porcelain veneers are not the only option available our patients. They may also want to ask about cosmetic dental bonding. This is the use of a special clay-like material that is placed onto a tooth and shaped accordingly. Then, it is hardened and polished to look like natural tooth enamel. There are a few benefits to placing composite resin bonding. It is done in just one appointment, while porcelain veneers require some extra time to complete. Dental bonding does not last as long as porcelain veneers, however, and may need to be replaced regularly. It is not stain resistant.
What is the process needed to place porcelain veneers?Veneers require preparation of the teeth. This includes filing down the front of the teeth before taking impressions of the natural tooth structure. These impressions are used to fabricate the porcelain veneers, and are sent off to a laboratory by Dr. Nikunj Raiyani for completion. Within a few weeks, the veneers are sent to the dental office, and patients come in for the placement appointment. The dentist cements the new restorations onto the front of the teeth and patients can enjoy their brand-new smile!
When might a patient consider porcelain veneers?
Ready to discuss the benefits of porcelain veneers for your smile?Contact the team of Hanford Family Dental Center in Hanford, CA today. Dr. Nikunj Raiyani and his team of professionals can walk patients through the process of restoring the natural beauty of the smile with porcelain veneers and other restorative solutions available. Call (559) 530-8080 today to book an appointment at 869 W Lacey Blvd Suite 101 and discuss this, or alternative options, for addressing imperfections of the teeth.
Hanford Family Dental Center
Dr. Nikunj Raiyani
At Hanford Family Dental Center we want to give our patients the best and most modern dental care. While dentistry focuses on the prevention and treatment of dental conditions and enhancing the aesthetics of your smile, we add a personal touch to it by understanding that your smile is unique. Through several years of training and experience, Dr. Nikunj Raiyani provides the best and most effective results through personalized and customized care. We work alongside you to help you achieve all your dental goals and desires. Our hygienists JD, Daisy and Jessica go the extra mile to educate you and help ensure your comfort throughout the treatment process. Although our office environment is modern, our Front Office staff and assistants ensure that you have a pleasant and smooth experience every time you visit us. At Hanford Family Dental Center, everything is about you!
- You have arrived at the right place for quality, natural veneers for teeth in Hanford, CA
- Dentist near Avenal, CA explains the benefits of porcelain veneers for your dental health, smile aesthetics
- Dentist near me in Hanford, CA answers: are veneers the same as crowns?
- Porcelain veneers are used to improve the appearance of teeth for Hanford, California area patients
- Wondering if cost of porcelain veneers is worth it? Hanford dentist believes it is!
- Hanford, CA patients think teeth veneers cost is worth it
- Avenal, CA, patients find affordable smile improvement with dental veneers
- Corcoran residents ask, “What are the advantages of using veneers for my teeth?”
- Dentist nearby Lemoore, CA, explains the advantages of porcelain veneers
- Understanding porcelain dental veneers in Hanford, CA
- Dentist in Hanford highlights the types of dental veneers
- Veneers at Hanford dental practice enhance the natural beauty of the smile
Back to Veneers Page